Buster N Me

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Snow Day

I got snowed in yesterday and got to stay home from work.... but I did accomplish something.

I finished up this "striped stocking cap" from "Knit Baby Head & Toe".... it turned out a little too big I think, but oh well, she can wear it a bit later than I hoped.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I also whipped up this super-soft little beanie from the same book.
The pattern called for chenille, but I found this irresistible yarn by Patons called "Be Mine"... It is soooooo soft!
I took a hint from the last hat and decided to knit this one with WAY smaller needles than the pattern called for and I think it came out a better size for a newborn.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I almost want one for myself! :-)

6 Comments:

  • Awww!!!!! Those two hats are adorable. i like to knit to but I hardly have any knitting books.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:56 a.m.  

  • Gauge gremlins! They'll get you every time. Doesn't matter, that striped hat will look cute on anyone from newborn to 16. Oh, okay. Go ahead, try it on (if you haven't already).

    By Blogger Marlene, at 2:17 p.m.  

  • Such cute hats - even the sizes in stores are never right - I love the nursery colour!

    By Blogger Ej, at 4:37 p.m.  

  • Your hats are sooo cute!!! So are your little friends. Are they yours or the baby's?? I follow your Mom's blog & her lovely work, looks like you got your talent from her. I still have most of the hand knit outfits from my kids when they were babies, too nice to part with. They are 21 and 25 yrs old!!! Enjoy your new wee one when she arrives. They are too precious.

    Kathy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:07 p.m.  

  • That pink hat is just too, too cute! I think you're lamb needs one on a permanent basis, too. It looks so sweet wearing it.

    All those little sweaters you've been showing off are darling, too. What a lucky baby!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:09 p.m.  

  • Your little hats are just gorgeous! You have done well.

    And looks like not long till you get to hold your little one! I bet you cant wait!

    Katt

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:06 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

Click Here