Buster N Me

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, August 05, 2004

Weekend Adventure

Last February, my fiance and I attended the Vancouver Outdoor Show. (basically a bunch of companies crammed in a stadium trying to sell you stuff) We entered EVERY draw they had (and most of the booths had draws) And, surprise! I won something!!! YAY! I won a whitewater rafting trip for 2 including 1 night stay in a riverside cabin at Sunwolf Outdoor Centre in Squamish BC. We went a couple of weeks ago and had a blast! It was sooo much fun! I was totally scared but I had a great time. It was just scary enough to be absolutely thrilling but not too scary. (I didn't crap my pants or anything) They have a cool place there, and they really take care of you. They serve muffins and coffee before you go, and there's a huge barbeque waiting for you when you get back (all included!) The guides were really cool, (we had Henrik, and he rocked!) they really know their stuff and make you feel safe(ish). I recommend to anybody who hasn't tried whitewater rafting to go for it! You'll love it! Here's a picture (no, its not me, or my trip - but its cool anyway)


2 Comments:

  • You are SO brave! I WOULD have crapped my pants.......or cried and asked to be let off somewhere!

    By Blogger Marlene, at 9:10 a.m.  

  • Sounds like you had a great time. I've done some tame rafting, but would love to do "real" rafting soon!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:12 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

Click Here