Buster N Me

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, August 14, 2004

Knitting Elves

Wow! I've finally made some progress on my sweater! I guess I got over the whole "ripping out frustration" issue. Here' s a picture of how far I am on my project. Notice the little dog paw in the lower left-hand corner! (fancies herself the next Vana White I think!)



I can't believe how much I've done! No, seriously, I can't believe how much I've done. I'll knit for a while and then put it away.... The next time I take it out to work on it, it seems like WAY more is finished than I thought. At first I just assumed it was me. I mean, it was the only logical explanation considering its just me and my fiance living here.... and he can't/won't knit (guys - always have to be so macho) And then I came up with the theory of knitting elves. That's right, knitting elves. I think I have a knitting elf that comes out at night and works on my sweater for me.... how sweet of him. Below is my "artist's depiction" of what my knitting elf looks like.



Now, I know right about now you're all wishing you had a cool little knitting elf like me..... but be careful what you wish for!!! See, I think my Mom might have a knitting elf too. She works so hard on these really complicated projects. She'll knit for hours and hours (and she is a fast knitter!) and the next time she picks up her project it seems like she has made no progress at all! That's because her knitting elf is nasty. He comes out at night and rips out all her hard work!!! (I can't wait til Mom reads this! haha!) See the nasty little creep below.



So.... do YOU have a knitting elf? If yes, which one???

11 Comments:

  • LOVE those elf drawings! They're great!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:02 p.m.  

  • So, what do you think I am doing wrong? How can I attract a more benevolent elf? They look like they are an entirely different species (blue with a halo vs red with horns!) so I guess there is no hope of me winning mine over with a nice hand-knit merino sweater or anything hey?

    By Blogger Marlene, at 9:06 p.m.  

  • Your pictures are beautiful! You are a very good artist. Tell your mom that Procrastiknitter from KR thinks that she should be very proud of you and maybe even give you a raise in your allowance!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:24 p.m.  

  • Those elves are wonderful. I seem to have an elf who steals my energy, so things don't get done as quickly as they should!

    Barbara

    http://sermomknits.blog-city.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:41 p.m.  

  • Such cute drawings :)

    meowy
    http://knit.strayalleycat.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:25 p.m.  

  • Yes! But, I think I have two. Sometimes, I'll come back the next day and think "Hrm. I didn't think I knit this much..." but then other times, I'll think "No! I KNOW I knit more than this!"

    By Blogger Misa, at 11:58 p.m.  

  • those drawings are excellent! do you think there's such a thing as spinning elves as well? cuz there are days when i KNOW i spun more than that, and others where i don't recall spinning as much as i did. maybe it's my cat, lol. he loves eating my wool. i will have to check the litter box, lol!
    Minnie aka Dragonmom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:44 p.m.  

  • My knitting elf must be a gauge devil. I am having such a time getting the right gauge, oh well, good will come eventually. Your sweater is beautiful!!! (and, you are an excellent artist as well)

    By Blogger Maggie Ann, at 8:31 p.m.  

  • Your cabled sweater pictures are really pretty! Love the color.

    I wish I, too, had a knitting elf, but I don't. Your illustrations are wonderful!

    By Blogger Kimberly, at 9:10 a.m.  

  • What wonderful drawings!!! You are obviously as talented with colored pencils as you are with knitting needles ;)
    ~Jenny
    http://www.livejournal.com/users/craftynfoxy/

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:22 a.m.  

  • What a great knitting elf you have! I wish I had one! Your sweater is coming along beautifully and you are a very talented artist. Now don't be greedy.. send you elf to my house to finish a pair of socks for me :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:22 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

Click Here