Buster N Me

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, March 26, 2006

"Easy" Knitted Toys

This post shall serve as a warning to all knitters who enjoy "easy" side projects as a break from their more complicated endeavors.
For the past year (yes, a full year) I've been working on a complicated aran sweater for my husband (he wasn't my husband yet when I started the project!) It's a difficult all over cabled pattern (difficult for me - I've only been knitting about a year and a half) and I often take "fun-knitting" breaks... you know, the occasional hat, scarf, toy (like hedgehog for example)
Well... I have this book... I've made one toy from this book so far (hedgehog) and it was fun and easy (like the title of the book would suggest). This book is Called "easy toys" from family circle. See noted book below....

Image hosting by Photobucket

Notice the key word in the books title... as indicated in red....

Image hosting by Photobucket

Now, I don't think it was wrong of me to assume that this book would contain what it advertised... easy knitted toy patterns. In fact, I think that the majority of knitters out there would see the cover and come to the same conclusion about its contents as I did. "oh, look, a fun book of easy and fun knitting projects!"

DOES THIS LOOK EASY TO YOU!?!?!?

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Just in case you were wondering.... I'm TRYING to make this...

Image hosting by Photobucket

Cute hey? (yeah, I used to think so too!)

Oh yeah, and one more thing.... the pattern called for Astra yarn... which, I have since been informed, changed owners or something and the yardage is different in their 50g balls now....
I found this out AFTER i ran out of yarn.... twice.
Thank you Mom, for picking up "refill" yarn for me. :-)

3 Comments:

  • Oh my God. The monster knit from hell. NO this does not look easy. Go straight back to the "difficult" jumper. You may find it's now suddenly easier.

    By Blogger JoeyJoJo, at 12:13 a.m.  

  • It looks like there is a lot of work involved in it..Might be fairly "easy" to knit but the putting together is the pain in the butt part..had toy patterns like that..

    I have to say Jean Greenhowe has some GORGEOUS toy patterns! I have all but one of her little books and love them

    Katt

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:22 a.m.  

  • It's no wonder you've stalled in your knitting projects lately. You have no TRULY easy thing to knit when your mind just needs a rest from work and complicated knitting.

    Dishcloths. You need to knit dishcloths. Oh, I forgot, your sister already knit up a lifetime supply for you.

    Hmmmm.....you could pick up your languishing sock?

    By Blogger Marlene, at 9:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

Click Here