Buster N Me

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, May 17, 2007

FibreFest

Last weekend, Mom and I went to FibreFest.
It was really fun and I'm definately going back next year!

I bought a bunch of stuff. (I couldn't help it!!!)
I pretty much stuck with my plan though... I wanted to buy some sock yarn and something to spin.

Here's my loot.

I got a 100g. ball of Linie 3 Supersocke 100 Highland Color sock yarn.
I wound it into two 50g balls and cast on immediately. ;-)
I've never actually knit a PAIR of socks... but this time I'm determined!
I've finished the first sock and see, I've already cast on for the second sock! Things are looking promising!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I also got a 100g ball of Tofutsies sock yarn.
This stuff feels really nice... I can't wait to knit it up.... I've already separated it into two 50g balls but I have to finish the Linie socks first.... MUST FINISH LINIE SOCKS FIRST!!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I also found this super-cute little keychain kit. A mini sock blocker with a mini sock pattern and a teeny tiny ball of sock yarn. It was too cute and I HAD to get it. I started knitting this sock while we were waiting for demos to start at Fibrefest.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And for spinning stuff I got a 50g braid of Fleece Artist Wenslydale/teeswater roving.
I really enjoy spinning with colourful stuff so this should be fun.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And finally I got two 250g bags of Aurelia N.Z. Corriedale combed wool in Iceberg colour. I've been wanting to get some of this stuff ever since I saw their display at the Chilliwack Spin-In last year. At the time I was just learning to spin (it was actually my first day learning to spin) and I was intimidated by the whole thing... Now I can't wait to get started on it!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

2 Comments:

  • I don't remember you buying a second teeny, tiny ball of sock yarn. Did you have more than just the one that came with the kit?

    By Blogger Marlene, at 9:52 p.m.  

  • Mom (Marlene), No, it only came with the one ball of yarn but the tiny sock hardly used up any of it! (so it just looks like the whole ball is left over)

    By Blogger kristo, at 8:43 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

Click Here