Buster N Me

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Finished Dinosaur (Finally!)

I did it!!! I finally finished making the "easy" dinosaur. FYI this was NOT easy!!! As you will have noticed from my previous post, the pieces were ridiculous! Putting it all together was even worse! But I did it! I have to admit that I feel kinda proud of myself for this one. :-)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The pattern directions say to glue his spots on (they're just made of felt) but I decided to sew them on instead. I remember having toys with felt pieces glued on and they felt hard and crunchy... not to mention the fact that the pieces were always falling off. (okay, okay, I probably picked them off) I also made his eyes out of felt. You're supposed to make them with yarn but I wasn't having much luck with that, so I cheated.

Next project.... the Monk's Travel Satchel.... or a super-cute little teddy.... I got the yarn for both today :-) I know I should really be finishing the sweater I've been making for my husband but I can do 2 projects at once (or 3) right?

Oh yeah, one more thing.... I think this dinosaur needs a name. You all know that if I named him myself it would be..... Dinosaur. But, after all that work I think he deserves a better name.... and that's where you come in. :-) I am accepting all suggestions and then maybe I will put my favorites up for a vote. So please, post your suggestions in the comments.... "Dinosaur" needs your help!!!

15 Comments:

  • Are you sure it's not a girl? I think Sara would be good (short for Tri-Sara-Tops*).

    *triceratops

    By Blogger Marlene, at 7:34 p.m.  

  • He looks like a Tonks to me.

    By Blogger Melissa, at 7:34 p.m.  

  • Topper?

    By Blogger dragon knitter, at 8:11 p.m.  

  • Tibbles?
    Clarence?
    Thor?
    Erwin?
    Eloise? (In the girl vein)

    And good call on sewing one the dots-they look great.

    :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:15 p.m.  

  • wicked cute dino! and man you can tell by the pictures EASY has no place in the instructions

    By Blogger Unknown, at 5:12 a.m.  

  • Pokey

    George ("I will hug him, and kiss him, and call him George." - some cartoon character, I think from Animaniacs)

    Spot

    Ulysses

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:27 a.m.  

  • Freckles.

    What an awesome job you did!

    By Blogger Hockey Mom, at 11:52 a.m.  

  • um, leisel, it was the abominable snowman in a bugs bunny cartoon. "i will kiss him and hug him and pet him and call him george."

    pardon me, i have to go cover up, my age is showing

    By Blogger dragon knitter, at 7:02 p.m.  

  • He is absolutely adorable!

    And I think he looks like a Clyde.

    By Blogger Kathy, at 6:27 p.m.  

  • Looks like a Frank to me....
    lol... looks great!!!

    By Blogger Dandy, at 7:15 a.m.  

  • Blueman?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:42 p.m.  

  • Oh dear god, his cuteness rivals that of Monkey! I won't suggest a name, as I see you've alrady chosen one. But boy, he was worth all the pieces and the angst. Great job.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:30 p.m.  

  • very cute dinosaur!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:43 p.m.  

  • I think he's a Frank, too.

    By Blogger Jen, at 11:45 a.m.  

  • warning on the monk's travel satchel: a lot of seed stitch. ages. 72inchs size 4. unholy things will come out of your mouth and then you will gaze in awww when done. good luck if you start it.

    By Blogger Taylour, at 8:01 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

Click Here