Buster N Me

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, November 11, 2004

Wish Me Luck

I've just started on the biggest, most complicated knitting project I have ever attempted. (I've been knitting for less than a year) I'm making an Aran Pullover from the Philosopher's Wool Company for my fiance. I've knit a simple cable before but nothing like this!!! It's going good now, but I had some problems on my first few attempts. Every time I got to the 3rd row of the cable pannel for the sleeve I would end up with an extra stitch! Now, when I say EVERY time, I mean the 8 times I ripped it back....yes, EIGHT times!!!! I was so extremely frustrated I wanted to cry. Finally, I decided (and by I, I really mean my MOM and I) decided to first weave a "lifeline" of a piece of bright (in my case, red) yarn just after the ribbing so that if I messed up again (and again, and again) I wouldn't lose EVERYTHING. Also, I am using the "magic loop" technique for knitting in the round with a long circular needle (instead of double pointed needles) and I put the entire pattern section on one side so I could pay special attention to what i was doing. It seems to have worked...no more problems, no more ferocious ripping out. I am now two full pattern repeats up the first sleeve (almost to my guy's elbow) and all is well. :-) Pictures will be posted as soon as I get some....hint, hint, Mom (she has a digital camera, I don't)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

Click Here