Buster N Me

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, May 09, 2005

I can crochet!!! :-)

I was over at Mom's house yesterday for Mother's Day and she taught me how to crochet! I made 2 granny squares while I was there and she sent me off with a bag full of yarn and a crochet hook. I've made a few more since then. Monkey thinks they're pretty cool.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I found it a little confusing at first but Mom is great teacher and I'm getting the hang of it now. The yarn isn't the colour you see here.... the picture didn't quite turn out right.... but it is a very bright red.... should make for a really nice, ugly, pillow or afghan. I haven't decided yet if I'll stop when I run out of the yarn Mom gave me, and just make a pillow, or if I will buy more bright yarn (different colours) and make a huge, hideous afghan. (I think maybe the ugly afghan, I think it would be fun)
One thing I've noticed though..... my squares are getting smaller and smaller. Hopefully they will even out soon. (wow, this is really going to be the world's ugliest afghan! I think I'm going to love it! HaHaHa!)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

6 Comments:

  • welcome child, to the beginnings of a fiber addiction. it's not just in the knit, it's all fiber. crochet, spinning, weaving, you name it. and it's a fun ride! go for the hideous afghan!

    By Blogger dragon knitter, at 8:13 p.m.  

  • congrats on becoming a "hooker"


    can't wait to see the afghan!

    By Blogger Dandy, at 9:12 p.m.  

  • Glad that you and Monkey are feeling better.

    I have to admit, crochet leaves me cold. But it's nice you're having such fun with it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:58 a.m.  

  • Congratulations!! I think making a granny square afghan is great fun!.....Except for all of those pesky ends to hide. Well, maybe Monkey will help you with that.....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:20 a.m.  

  • I got an idea...with the colors you presently have you could make something for July 4th American holiday for someone you know in the states...as a gift and guess what? They'll like it! You are so lucky to have such a talented mom. Enjoy!

    Suzanne

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:16 p.m.  

  • i think i am going to have to check out that book! the duck and monkey are pretty darn cute.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:21 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

Click Here