Buster N Me

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, July 03, 2005

LionBrand Velvet Spun

Okay, I am somewhat ashamed to admit it, but I recently got sucked in to a cute little "ball-band" pattern. You know what I'm talking about.... that somewhat pricey ball of yarn with the adorable pattern on the band that promises great results with only one ball of this wonderful new yarn!!! The culprit - LionBrand Velvet Spun Yarn with their cute little "Knit Baby Hat". Now, I have to admit that the hat turned out just fine... as you can see.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The only problem I had was that this yarn is freakin' impossible to work with!!!! Maybe its just me but I found myself having to really yank on it quite often to make a simple knit stitch.... I think I'm just not used to working with this type of yarn.... I don't think there is anything actually wrong with it. I have to admit that it is really soft though.... but does leave little "fluffs" everywhere.
Don't worry, I will not leave you without your "Monkey - fix" :-) Here he is trying on the baby hat (he insists on trying on EVERYTHING)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

6 Comments:

  • Yay! New Monkey pictures! I've been checking faithfully.

    The hat is adorable...but yeah, chenille yarns can be yucky to work with. (At least it looks as though that's a chenille.)

    And the romper is so cute...especially with a monkey in it. That's one lucky baby.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:47 a.m.  

  • Wow, you made a lovely hat outta that weird stuff though! Monkey looks smashing...heck he could sleep in it as a bed. That romper looks like something you would buy in a store you know. You did a really good job. You take after your mother.

    Suzanne

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:45 a.m.  

  • Wow! You've had a new post up for 2 days and I missed it. Your diligent fans will be pleased.

    Lovely hat, even if you had to fight with the yarn for every stitch.

    By Blogger Marlene, at 12:45 p.m.  

  • i luv Buster! I want a Buster for my household! Carolyn

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:28 p.m.  

  • As I've said before, my (20 yr. old) son adores Monkey, and looks forward to each new photo. I knew he would like me to make him his own Monkey, but I hesitated to buy the book, as Monkey was the only pattern I liked. I was out the other day, looking at the new knitting magazines, and behold, there was a new one published in Britain, that contained the very Monkey pattern!! Of course, I had to buy it, and now all four of my kids are going to be awaiting the creation of a new Monkey!! We'll see how quick that goes! In the meantime, we will continue to enjoy you and Monkey!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:51 a.m.  

  • Thanks for the low down on the Velvet Spun. I was looking at one of Lionbrand's free patterns for a bunny carry around blanket and got as far as the craft store to buy the yarn. Only one ball of 3 different colors. I think I'll make it with a worsted & fun fur instead.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:30 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

Click Here