Buster N Me

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Baby Bump

Okay, here it is.... My new baby bump.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


It took forever for me to get this picture. (camera + timer = hassle)
The "bump" often looks a little bigger but I found myself sucking in while taking the picture.... Why? I have no idea!!!
It's not like it gushy fat or anything... It's firm to the touch. (a very odd feeling for this first-time mom-to-be!)
My husband is getting pretty tired of me asking him to "feel my tummy!" about 50 times a day. I keep trying to get him to push on it a little to feel how firm it is but he freaks out... "Don't push on it!!!" I just want him to feel how weird it is. :-)

In other news (still baby news) I heard the baby's heart beat at my doctor's appointment last week! It was soooo cool! I didn't really know what to expect.... In fact, I was pretty relieved to have real confirmation that yes, I am in fact pregnant, not just crazy! :-)
The heart beat sounded like a beating/swishing sound.... I guess like a heartbeat under water, which is what it would be. It was really neat. My next appointment is Oct. 10. My doctor said we will book the ultrasound at that time. (It usually takes about 2 weeks to get in) I can't wait!!! :-D

(anybody else notice how shocked Donkey looks about the baby bump?)

5 Comments:

  • The very FIRST thing I noticed was the shocked look on Donkey's face. I'm amazed that Monkey didn't let him in on the secret. The dinosaur (can't remember his name) looks like he wants to give baby-bump a big welcoming hug.

    By Blogger Marlene, at 7:19 p.m.  

  • Oh...and you are totally sucking in. I'm sure it was bigger at the spin-in.

    By Blogger Marlene, at 7:20 p.m.  

  • Yes, I know, I'm TOTALLY sucking in. It wasn't on purpose... I think it had something to do with the panic of trying to run in front of the camera before the timer ran out... it made me tense and holding my breath. I didn't realize until after the camera went "click" and I relaxed and pooched my belly out that I had been sucking it in!
    I will post an "accurate" baby bump photo by this weekend. :-)

    By Blogger kristo, at 8:37 a.m.  

  • I am still laughing......

    what a shock to Donkey!

    uh oh....now it is tears in my eyes from laughing!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:21 a.m.  

  • Count me as another who noticed Donkey's expression. Too funny.

    Oh, I remember that first heartbeat. And now that tiny person is off at her first semester of college. It all goes so fast.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:06 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

Click Here