Buster N Me

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

WooHoo! More Yarn!

I finally found a yarn shop close to where I live (well, pretty close anyway) It's a great shop called "Kept-In-Stitches" in Fort Langley, BC. Now I don't have to go visit Mom every time I need to buy more knitting stuff (but I will anyway) So, what did I buy?..... I'll show you.... well, actually, MONKEY will show you.....

"Hey, Mom brought home something!"


"Hmmmm.... What's in here?"


"Oooooh! This looks fancy!"


"COOL! It's a skein of Noro Kureyon!.....the exact amount to make a funky toque!!!"


It's really nice stuff, but it can sure burn a hole in your wallet though! $12 for ONE skein! Holy Crapoli!!!! At least I only needed one skein.

My weekend of stash-enhancing didn't end there. I know about a million women having babies (okay, okay, maybe not a million) and I've been sucked into the world of baby-knitting.... (not that I mind or anything...baby stuff is sooooo cute) So.... I went to Michael's Crafts (a little more affordable yarn there) and bought some cool white yarn for a baby blanket. It's got a shiny thread in it too so it looks sparkly but you can't really tell from the picture. It's turning out really good! It's my first attempt at "holes" in my knitting (not sure what it's called but I'm pretty sure it's not really lace) I will post some pictures soon.


3 Comments:

  • Looks like maybe Monkey thinks that white yarn is going to be made up into something for HIM!

    By Blogger Marlene, at 9:10 p.m.  

  • Kristo - one good comment deserves another :). Nice blog & love the monkey and hamster. I can't say I know much about the knitting world but I look forward to seeing what you make!

    By Blogger dodger, at 1:12 a.m.  

  • Thanks for the laugh! I needed that.
    Where did you find the monkey pattern?

    By Blogger Kirsten, at 11:43 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

Click Here