Buster N Me

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, January 03, 2005

Introducting MONKEY

I know, I know, I said I would be updating my blog more often now that I have the digital camera. I'm sorry, but I've been really busy with Christmas, family, etc. Speaking of Christmas, I got a bunch of awesome stuff this year! Knitting related items included a pack of sock yarn from my big sis (enough to make 3 pairs of socks) I've never knit socks before but I've been wanting to learn for a while now. I've started the first sock and it was going great until I got to the heel.....*^&$^&*&$&#*#%$#%&$*#!!!!!!! (perhaps I will post some pictures on my next entry and get some advice - something is definately wrong) I also received a pattern book for knitting toys. My mom, knowing me as well as she does, knew I would want to make the monkey first so she included the neccessary yarn for the project. (mom is so awesome) Yes, I am 23 years old and still love stuffed toys.....there's nothing wrong with that, is there? Once I started knitting "Monkey" (a better name for him in the future perhaps?) I couldn't stop until he was finished. I think he turned out pretty cute for my first attempt at knitting a monkey. What do you think?




I know you all think he is very cute but he's already been up to some monkey-trouble. First of all, he ate all the christmas chocolates I left on the coffee table. I bet you think I'm just blaming him - that it was actually me who ate them all but I have evidence.....




Then, he got into the cupboards and ate the cookies. (also wasn't me)


I couldn't get mad at him though.... I mean, look at that innocent little face...


I think Monkey is going to be a regular on my blog now..... he's pretty photogenic.

8 Comments:

  • He is adorable!!

    By Blogger Donna, at 12:38 p.m.  

  • Oh, I love Monkey - I was looking at that book, now I know I want it! He's too cute, I think your blog has a mascot now.

    By Blogger Catherine, at 3:30 p.m.  

  • Monkey is so cute! Love your monkey tale, too... how fun!

    Which book was it that you found this pattern in? I have 3 little monkeys, and I'm thinking they might each need a little monkey of their own.

    - Leisel

    By Blogger Leisel, at 10:06 p.m.  

  • your'e never too old! i'm 38, and i still get stuffies for various holidays! (my kids give 'em to me, as well as my sweetie, lol!) you're never too old to be a kid!
    Minnie aka Dragonmom from KR

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:36 p.m.  

  • I'm laughing at all monkey's poses. :) You're cute.

    By Blogger Jo, at 6:53 p.m.  

  • I love monkey.. and I love that he is now the star of your blog. I think i need to get myself a monkey!!

    By Blogger Korin, at 4:11 p.m.  

  • Oh how cute!! My two year old is pointing and laughing at the 'yarn monkey'... awesome!!!
    www.xanga.com/pamelamama

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:48 p.m.  

  • Oh, that is such a cute monkey and I love the story of all the trouble he was getting into. Gotta love those monkeys. (And I'm 50 and still love stuffed animals...)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:21 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

Click Here